You really should check out my husband’s blog, since his inspired this post. (By the way, he brought me pretty jewelry as a back-to-school present today. He’s pretty great.:) ) He wrote a blog today about his elementary school memories, and with school right around the corner, I’m having some flashbacks too. So here are some of my Top Elementary School Memories.
1. Sitting on the carpet in my mom’s kindergarten class, hoping hoping hoping that she wouldn’t separate my best friend and me.
2. Accidentally walking in on a girl in the bathroom and being reviled by everyone I knew as a creppy perv.
3. My first boyfriend bringing me candy, which my father ate.
4. My sister and I dressing identically, hoping people would think we were twins. (It happened much more often than you might think, based on how now she’s much taller and hotter than I am.)
5. Walking my little sister across the railroad tracks to her preschool and feeling Grown Up. Walking back to school by myself, talking to myself right out loud and laughing at how witty I was.
6. The awesome days when my mom would give me a Lunchable to put in my lunch box.
7. Hating New Kids on the Block just because they were cool. But also being jealous of my sister’s super-cool NKOTB sleeping bag.
8. Making up insane imaginary games and bossing everyone around as to how they should be played. Also making up clubs, but only if I could be president. I had a few control issues.
9. Writing and illustrating books with my friends, which we planned to sell and become famous authors.
10. Piling out of the clown car with my family.
11. Trying very hard to go to sleep at Beta Convention before bad movies came on HBO that I knew would get me in trouble if my parents found out I watched them.
12. Attending the funeral of my best friend’s nephew, being with her while she touched his tiny hand.